viernes, 20 de noviembre de 2020

 Blog Nº3: "The Meaning of Mariah Carey"

Hello to everyone!!

Well, today is a free topic so I decided to write about a book that I recently read. This book is called “The Meaning of Mariah Carey” and is written by Mariah Carey and Michaela Angela Davis.

This is an autobiography, and oh my god it’s very good!! Basically, spills all the tea that everyone wanted to know. The book is separated in four sections.

The first one tells everything about her childhood, and honestly is sad as hell, sometimes when I was reading it, I feel like I wanted to a cry a little, because her relationship with her family is absolutely not good.

The second one tells how she got her record contract, her awful relationship with her first husband Tommy Mottola (who was also the principal executive of Sony Music at the time), how she managed to get away of him, a lot of stories about the creative process of a lot of her 90’s bops (“Vision of love”, “Make It Happen”, “Hero”, “Always be my Baby”, etc.).  And how she basically invented the songs between a pop artist and a hip-hop artist.

The third one tells everything related to the “Loverboy” drama and the fourth one tells a lot of little stories from 2000 onwards (her relationship with Luis Miguel, her biggest comeback with “We Belong Together”, her second marriage, how she became a mother and how she is now).

This book is important to me because is the first book that I have ever read that is fully in English and I recommend it to everyone who knows a little of Mariah Carey.

That’s everything for today, thank you a lot for reading!



3 comentarios:

  1. hello feña 🦦 I love Mariah Carey but I didn't know she had a book 😱.
    The melismas she achieves with her voice are spectacular, I have heard that Ariana Grande sings better than she does, what do you think?

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hii! omg I love mariah carey too! I think she is so pretty and talented. Would love to read this book

    ResponderEliminar
  3. hiii, I didn't know she had a book! I will definitely look for it on the internet or try to buy it.

    ResponderEliminar

Blog Nº6: A major I would like to study. Hello to everyone! Well this is the last blog that I’m posting and I’m going to be honest, I’m ve...